Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Daily provision

~Luke 11.3 Give us each day our daily bread. New American Standard
~Luke 11.3 Give us day by day the food we need. Good News Translation
~Luke 11.3 Keep us alive with three square meals. The Message
~Luke 11.3 Our appointed bread be giving us daily. Young's Literal Translation

The Lord's response to disciples asking him to teach them how to pray is short and to the point. It covers the basics, the foundations of our walk with him. One of those bottom line basics is depending on him for our daily provision. Food here, bread, is a picture I think of asking him for everything we need. What food do I need for stronger bones? I should be asking him for it, not just for the food itself, but for the knowledge and will to to choose to eat that.

God, give me today the food my body, your temple, needs for health and strength. And please help me not to put too much other junk in with it.

No comments: