After a week in Mexico, I'm thinking about tortillas. The tortillas I saw readily available in Mazatlan neighborhoods are made in small family storefront rooms with a tortilla machine. Piles and piles of them are made daily from dough which seemed to be pretty much just white flour and water. Salt I suppose. These are formed into flat rounds, baked, and served up with a wide variety of meals. Wikipedia tells me that this Mexican staple has grown to be a mainstream food and now has passed bagels and muffins to become the number two packaged bread product in the US.
I wonder how the bread of Bible times, unleavened kosher flat bread I suppose, would compare to a Mexican tortilla?
2 comments:
White corn meal
Really? I'm surprised that I didn't notice that.
And remind me again of what those mashed potato meals were called please. Yummy.
Post a Comment