Don't hesitate to accept hospitality, because those who work deserve to be fed.~II Timothy 2.6
And hardworking farmers should be the first to enjoy the fruit of their labor.This reminds me of a similar verse often quoted by one of our daughters. Whenever Ellen or Audrey was cleaning, or more often cooking, they would remind me that I shouldn't “muzzle the ox" to keep it from eating as it worked. (The verse in Deuteronomy 25:4 says "treads out the grain.") This meant they should have unlimited blobs of dough as they made cookies, for example. This rationale worked fine until I started seeing bad news about salmonella in raw eggs. After that, it was only on occasional times I happened to have the pasteurized eggs in a box that that snack was allowed.
(Yes, I know the risk is low for strong, healthy, non-pregnant people, but since I was the one responsible for doctor visits and dealing with the misery of any diarrhea that occurred, I didn't see it as a risk worth taking.)
No comments:
Post a Comment